Friday, October 1, 2010

Duluth, MN area has wonderful artisans

I enjoying linking up local artists with opportunities for shoppers to come meet and shop from them. I've organizing twelve local art and gift fairs. I don't call the fairs craft fairs because I am looking for more unique art items - even though I do have a soap or candle vendor at most fairs. There's a gray line between art and craft anyway.
Here's the schedule for the fall - GET TO THE POINT Awesome Art & Gift Fair, Oct 9 Lafayette Building on Park Point, 3026 Minnesota Ave. from 10 until 3 p.m. Over 15 artists. No more openings.
GET IT LOCAL Gift Fair, Dec 4, Peace Church, 10-3 p.m. Artist portion filled. Openings for a few more local nonprofits and/or service or consumable items local businesses.
GET GREAT STUFF evening local gift fair, Dec 7 (Tuesday), Duluth Congregational Church, 3833 E. Superior St (next to Northland Country Club) 4-8 p.m. No more openings - well maybe a half spot.

GLOCAL fair - global & local fair - Dec 11, St. Michael's Church, 10-3 p.m. 4901 E. Superior St. I am looking for local artists, especially those that do global-themed work (or from a country). I also would like to have some organizations that raise funds for or participating in programs with other countries be in the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment